Here are the resources from my presentation at mLearnCon 2014 — “Using WordPress for Performance Support”
Using WordPress for Performance Support:
- WordPress.org — Open Source platform
- WordPress.com — free hosted WordPress (limited theme and plugin installation)
- learn.wordpress.com — example of responsive performance support
A simple process to get started:
- Download and install Desktop Server
- Download and install WordPress (from wordpress.org)
- Install Advanced Custom Fields plugin
- Install WP Knowledge Base theme
- Start adding content!
Other things to consider/try:
- Customize your post types with Advanced Custom Fields.
- Check out one of these inexpensive themes to launch a turnkey knowledge base, wiki or support site:
- Download and install bbPress to add user forums to your site.
- Use PollDaddy for hosted surveys.
- Use Gravity Forms for custom forms, support ticket forms, etc.
Contact me for specific requests or to share your results!